May 6, 2014, by Ollie

Motivation, wherefore art thou!

But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the summer, and Exams is the sun.
Arise, fair sun, and come now at once,

For I am already sick and pale with grief.

For revision is not happening, and in its place
I find procrastination, a much easier gift to thee.

It has been a while everyone and I hope you all are well, I am losing my mind although admittedly it was already teetering on the edge of craziness. So what has been keeping me so busy. Why of course it’s procrastination and not revision!

Another year, another exam season. It’s a bit of the same old really isn’t it? Every student procrastinates, every student panics, every student hopes for the best but fears the worst… and near most every student comes out of exams having done well. All the worries forgotten.

It’s just the way the student world works. So I’m not going to tell you about how worried I am (which I am) I’m going to share with you a few little insights into what I’ve been up to in this typical student life I imagine we are all living.

Anything and everything is better than revision. Including taking photos every day for your photography module, even though your a Geneticist and in the long run, no matter how pretty that flower was, it will not help you in your career.

The guilty pleasure of this Easter holiday has been taking photos for my Photography module!

The guilty pleasure of this Easter holiday has been taking photos for my Photography module! Mainly because it lulls me into a false sense of security that I’m actually not completely just wasting my time doing nothing!

A rare wooden sea flower.

A rare wooden sea flower.

We all have different revision methods, my current approach goes hand in hand with the saying, ‘leave no stone, unturned’ I go with ‘leave no word, unhighlighted’ for an unhighlighted word is wasted wisdom.

'the' is the only word that doesn't need revising!

‘the’ is the only word that doesn’t need revising!

Are you a spreader, or a stacker? I’m definitely a spreader. They don’t make tables big enough for me to revise productively!

all the room being taken up!

all the room being taken up! I’m a library workers worst nightmare!

This week it’s short and sweet from me, (as I really need to get on with work!) Of course it’s always important to take a break and do other activities, here is me demonstrating this!

it's me! Skiing! After a 4 year absence from the slopes I went to Xscape, Castleford with my sister and her boyfriend and it was awesome!

it’s me! Skiing! After a 4 year absence from the slopes I went to Xscape, Castleford with my sister and her boyfriend and it was awesome!

I’ll be back in Nottingham by the end of this week, back for the final push! I wish you all the best and can’t wait to go on an adventure or too after exams and share it with you all!

Posted in Ollie