January 30, 2014, by Ben Read

“It’s definitely snowing!”

With a confirmed sighting of snow  in Nottingham this morning, I’ve decided to write about my interactions with snow (and ice) over the past fortnight or so!

Val Thorens, Orelle

Not Nottingham, but Val Thorens

As you might have guessed from the picture I’ve been skiing recently. Above is the view from the top of the Grand Fond lift, looking towards the resort of Val Thorens, France.

Val Thorens is an amazing resort with a vast stunning skiing area combined with some very lively après activity. Coincidently, the Uni ski trip visits the resort in April!

Cheeeese

Cheeeese

And of course there was the obligatory cheese fondue…

varsity ice hockey

The annual Varsity Ice Hockey fixture provided my second opportunity to get involved in some winter sports this past fortnight. When I say ‘get involved’, I simply mean watching from the stands…

It was a very entertaining evening with Uni overturning a three goal deficit and scoring the winning fourth goal in the final third of the match, which meant everybody left in high spirits, apart from the Trent supporters.

With the Winter Olympics just around the corner and judging by the snow currently falling outside my window, perhaps my next blog will be about Nottingham’s own alternative Winter Olympics..!

Posted in Ben