January 7, 2014, by Ollie

A Festive End

The last time I blogged there were many festivities to be celebrated and now I bring you a blog about those festivities as the other events on the horizon exams don’t bare thinking about.

Christmas was as ever, lovely and I filled up on lots of food and spent great time with family. I couldn’t help but feel however that Christmas and Boxing day were great because they offered a break from revision. It seems like that every year the winter break isn’t really a break. I arguably work harder throughout this break revising for exams and finishing any assignments set. All whilst trying to keep my hand in at my job by getting shifts here and there and trying to keep up with old friends. Going back to University may perhaps actually be the break. Of course after exams. I don’t mean to sound cynical but it does seem such a shame and I always find myself falling into this mind set in between the bouts of revision stress that has hung over me since the beginning of GCSE’s 4 years ago now. I’m not suggesting the student life is a hard one. Far from it. I’m sure I’ll choke on my own words when I am in a job and I wished for the freedom of deciding when I should start doing work rather than having to conform to the 9-5 pattern of a real life job BUT after a time it seems that it’s time for a real break.

The beginning of the festivities.

The beginning of the festivities.

Food (tick), family (sorta tick), lack of revision (tick).

So what happens when work becomes too much, more festivities! New Years Eve was a time for more celebration. It was great seeing in the new year with friends and letting my hair down, not that I can actually let it down, and sharing with others in the highs and lows of student lifestyle. The work, the fun, the fun, the work, the fun, the work, the work, the endless work! Alas I am just jesting and arguably in two weeks time my spirits will be at an all time high again for exams will be over and the fun will be endless again!

at some point on New Years eve/day

at some point on New Years eve/day

However, as I write this blog in between revision it is only the memory of the fun festivities gone that gives me the motivation to continue. There is not long to go now! I wish everyone the best and wish that everyone be well motivated to plow through mental blocks and revision walls and do well in their exams.

spmeme

It’s always true.

Posted in Ollie