January 13, 2013, by Kiran

Take a Break, Have Some Cake

Tea and cake at 3 o’clock is fine, very civilized even. Eating chocolate fudge cake at 3 o’clock in the morning, the tea necessary for a caffeine burst, however is not really acceptable. The only possible excuse is that essay deadlines are looming! Why else would I also have the urge to then sort out laundry after having eaten said cake…had to put that caffeine productivity to good use in some way!

Cake has actually been the main reason I have neglected my work. Birthday cake to be more precise.  (Although I am still angry at you Mr Cake, you are now helping me through my deadlines so even though I still resent and blame you I think I can forgive you.) 1 seriously enlarged chocolate cupcake…

01012013046

1 more chocolate cake…

cake - nye

21 cupcakes varying from vanilla to chilli chocolate flavours…

(By the time I got round to taking the pic these were all that were left)

and 1 MASSIVE cream cake….

734162_10152421498580096_1514040389_n[2]

When my mum suggested making a banana cake I almost cried at the thought. Other than a load of calories and a major sugar rush, you can see that my time over the holidays was spent getting rid of these cakes!

Luckily I had some help! Now it is an Indian tradition when it happens to be someone’s birthday that after the cutting of the cake ceremony, everyone then proceeds to feed you the cake. Sounds good doesn’t it? In theory, yes. Now if you happen to cut a big slice however, you are in for it! Unfortunately I made that mistake.

Yay cake!!!

Yay cake!!!

Eat it!!

Eat it!!

Have some more!!!

Have some more!!!

Think i'll just feed myself

Think i’ll just feed myself

Yay more cake!!!

Yay more cake!!!

Ok just one bite...

Ok just one bite…

Yep, that's enough now!

Yep, that’s enough now!

What are you doing? Stop!

What are you doing? Stop!

I said just one spoon!!!

I said just one spoon!!!

Okay so being force fed cake is not the worst thing in the world. These essays are. This is no time for snacking or having a tea break every half an hour. The holidays are over and it’s time to get back to work! NOW!

And it is also time for you to stop reading this blog which I am sure most of you are only doing so in the first place due to the self sabotaging need to procrastinate. As much as I appreciate it get that work document back on your screen so next week when you’ve handed your coursework in, you can read my blog guilt free!

p.s. On refection Mr Cake I am sorry for using you as my scapegoat for not having completed all of my coursework over the holidays. I realise now it could have been down to Mr Christmas. Happy New(ish) Year everyone!

Posted in 2012 Kiran