Sunset in Langkawi, Malaysia

May 24, 2016, by Editor

The Opportunity of a Lifetime while Studying Pharmacy!

Hi! My name is David and I’m a third year pharmacy student at Nottingham, but I’m currently studying at the University of Nottingham’s Malaysia Campus (UNMC), where I’m completing my research project.

As soon-to-be undergraduates, I urge you all to seize every opportunity that comes your way and especially to consider travelling at some point during your degree as not only is it an incredible experience; it truly opens your eyes to an exciting world that’s waiting to be explored. One way to do this is by choosing Nottingham, which will allow you to apply to spend some of your time UNMC like I’m doing! You’ll make new friends from different backgrounds, experience true cultural enrichment, live in a climate guaranteed to be hotter than the UK and receive identical teaching to that provided in Nottingham.

UNMC is just South of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia’s vibrant capital in the heart of Asia. It’s a fantastic city for a weekend break or just an evening out with friends – there are loads of sights to see including the Petronas Towers, the KL tower, Chinatown markets and much more! Once you’ve completed your work, you’ll have incredible travel opportunities with Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and the beautiful Malaysian islands on your doorstep. The Malays pride themselves on their mouthwatering food so you can get your hands on whatever cuisine you crave – Malay, Thai, Chinese and Indian to name a few. If you love food, Malaysia’s definitely for you!

Every MPharm student has the opportunity to apply for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (though places are limited) and I would highly recommend it to anyone. You’ve got an incredible journey ahead and you can make it even more memorable by studying at UNMC when you choose Nottingham.

Best of luck in all your exams and I hope to see you in Nottingham this September!

David Beaumont
3rd Year Pharmacy Student
The University of Nottingham

Posted in Pharmacy abroadPharmacy Student LifeStudent Life