February 8, 2016, by Editor

The Much Needed London Getaway Weekend

This blog was first published on the Student Life blog and is written by Olivia, a pharmacy student. You can see Olivia’s past blogs here.

First off, apologies for not blogging in the longest time. I have been busy with a couple of things:

• Going home for Christmas
  • Revising for exams
  • Losing my mind
  • Exams

After a hectic month I finally had some time off and so I decided to give myself a break this weekend. Naturally I had to escape Nottingham for the weekend and spend some time down in good old London! It is quite unusual for me to spend time actually relaxing in London. Usually my plans in London involve careful planning of friends to meet, places to visit and of course food to eat.

I am sort of insane as I like to plan my trips to a very tight schedule, but not this time, I was here on a mission; to relax. Most of my time was spent in my friend’s flat catching up and watching movies.

One of the highlights of my trip was going to see Hozier live. He has such a soulful and powerful voice that his studio recordings betray him. Hearing him sing “Take Me to Church” live with the crowd singing along was experience to remember.

Warning: Bad phone recording ahead but the sound quality is still decent!

The following day my friend and I went for all-you-can-eat dim sum at Ping Pong.

For about 2 hours we ate about £90 worth of dim sum for only £23 each! I am glad I stopped when I did or I may have exploded. After that, some walking around London and window shopping was in order to walk off that very heavy meal.

Sadly it is Monday now and I am back to the real world of university with a lovely 9 am start this morning.

The weekend is well and truly over.

Posted in Pharmacy Student LifeStudent Life