March 8, 2013, by Fraser
Getting to know Nottingham’s next chancellor…
Why should I go and hear Sir Andrew Witty talk?
He’s also giving a talk about his time at Nottingham and what his three years here meant for him both personally and professionally. And, as he’s massively successful and secured a job with GSK straight from university, he’s probably worth a listen.
Five facts about Sir Andrew Witty…
- He was a resident of Wortley hall during his time at Nottingham (a claim to fame for all current residents)
- He was Chair of the Council of the UoN Students’ Union
- He’s worked in South Africa, USA and Singapore. And, of course – less glamorously – the UK
- He was awarded his knighthood – and became sir – in the 2012 New Year Honours list for services to the economy and UK pharmaceutical industry
- He’s married to Caroline and has two children
Hear him speak…
So if you’d like to find out more about Sir Andrew Witty – he’s going to be Chancellor after all – then come along to his talk, Quality degree or quality experience – what’s university about?, on Tuesday 12 March from 3-4pm in Keighton Auditorium on University Park.
Admission is free, but please book your place. For more info or to register, email email@example.com.
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first