July 19, 2012, by Fraser
12-18 July: The big stories
It’s a perfect ten for University Park after the 330 acre campus is awarded its tenth consecutive Green Flag Award, which recognises the nation’s best public parks and green spaces. There’s also Olympic news with medics, researchers, graduates and students from the University gearing up to support the smooth running of London 2012. Plus, after the success of last year’s event, there’s news of Life Cycle 2.
Unrivalled 10th Green Flag for University Park
Green Flag Awards recognise the nation’s best public parks and green spaces. Nottingham’s 330-acre University Park was the first campus to win one in 2003 and every year since.
Medics answer Olympic call-up
A team of 20 University of Nottingham medics, researchers, graduates and students will be on duty at the Olympic Games.
Pedal power will widen access to university
After raising over £230,000 in 2011, Nottingham’s Vice-Chancellor and 11 staff will get on their bikes again for Life Cycle 2. Funds raised will help more young people enter higher education.
Sporting success recognised at national awards
Students once again show sporting prowess, dominating prize categories at the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) Awards 2012.
- Multi-million pound centre to transform nurse training in Derby
- Broadway Cinema-goers view rare Olympia treat
- Study to test vision loss drug could reduce NHS treatment costs
- Celebrating Summer Graduation 2012 at The University of Nottingham
- Taking control of Type 2 diabetes earlier
- Unseasonable weather; unseasonable climate? Facts, fictions and fantasies
- Rewarding pupils’ achievement with a day at University Park
- China’s GDP Growth Slows Down Sharply
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first
Leave a Reply