May 11, 2012, by Fraser
4-10 May: The big stories this week
This week’s round-up includes new of how the University’s athletes did at British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) VISA Outdoor Athletics Championships at the new Olympic Stadium. There’s also a rundown of the very best from this year’s May Fest programme which is happening on Saturday 19 May. As well as that, there’s news of the extra places for teacher training at the University – and they’re especially for former-servicemen and women. Read on for more
Student athletes excel in Olympic Stadium
Three University of Nottingham sports scholars lead outstanding effort at British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) Visa Outdoor Athletics Championships.
Troops-to-teachers retraining for armed services leavers
British servicemen and women are being offered graduate teacher training at the School of Education.
- Experts take part in world’s first commercial space flight
- Second ‘underpants bomb’ plot shows Al-Qaeda still dangerous
- Olympic kayak designer features in Universities Week report
- University invests in local neighbourhoods through Community Chest Fund
- EU Ambassador opens Nottingham School of Politics in Malaysia
- New network at forefront of international HE research, practice and policy