April 19, 2012, by Fraser
5-18 April: The big stories
In a bumper news round up, there’s a report of British Prime Minister David Cameron’s visit to The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus alongside Malaysian PM Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak. And with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee fast approaching, chemists from the University decided to etch the Queen’s portrait onto a diamond in celebration as part of Brady Haran’s Table of Periodic Videos. Read on for more
David Cameron visits Nottingham’s Malaysia Campus
The Prime Ministers of Britain and Malaysia, David Cameron and Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, reinforce higher education links at The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus.
Antibiotics an alternative for some appendicitis surgery
Giving antibiotics to patients with acute uncomplicated appendicitis is a safe and viable alternative to surgery, say experts in a study published on bmj.com.
Other news from the University:
• Student film to bring Olympics to life
• New Africa office to extend the University’s global reach
• Nottingham a key partner in UK’s new £13m carbon capture centre
• Controlling the cut – a self-learning water jet milling system
• Study raises questions over entrepreneurship policies
• Raising the pulse to beat teenage blues
• Research grant for scientist’s international collaboration
• Green fingered entrepreneur gets big company backing