Mark Dorrington (right) is welcomed to the Reading Room bysome of the Manuscripts & Special Collections staff (clockwise from left) Eleonora, Debbie, Kathryn, Abigail and Nick.

November 22, 2013, by Kathryn Steenson

Mark Dorrington arrives as new Keeper

I am very pleased to have started work this week as the new Keeper of Manuscripts and Special Collections in succession to Dorothy Johnston.  I have 30 years’ experience in local authority and ecclesiastical archives and libraries.  My most recent post was as Team Manager for Archives and Local Studies with Nottinghamshire County Council, running Nottinghamshire Archives for the last 10 years.  I am now looking forward to working with the wonderful collections entrusted to the care of the University of Nottingham and getting to know the owners and users of collections and my new colleagues.

I am sure I will meet some of the readers of this blog over the next few weeks but if you want to raise anything with me please do not hesitate to get in touch at mark.dorrington@nottingham.ac.uk

Mark Dorrington (right) is welcomed to the Reading Room by some of the Manuscripts & Special Collections staff (clockwise from left) Eleonora, Debbie, Kathryn, Abigail and Nick.

Posted in Announcements