July 22, 2016, by International students

Meet our Student Callers: Neha from India

Neha India featured image

If you hold an offer to study at The University of Nottingham, you might be lucky enough to receive a call from one of our international students. Neha has been speaking to Indian students (and their parents!) to let them know what Nottingham is really like.

Why did you choose to study at Nottingham?

The University of Nottingham, is without a doubt one of the best universities in England. I chose this to be destination for my masters in Law because the University was offering me the specialisation of my interest with a perfect combination of subjects I wanted to study and excel in. After spending an year here, I realise that this University not only acts as catalyst to broaden and improve the level of one’s educational qualification, but also nurtures your personal growth too.

What is your favourite thing about living in Nottingham?

Nottingham being a multi-cultural city has lot to offer, so you cannot just count on a few things. But yes, I love the weather here which is so dramatic all the time and changes with the blink of an eye.

Where is your favourite place in Nottingham and why?

My favourite place in University is the lake side at the Jubilee Campus as well as at University Park, we have a huge lake where one can enjoy boating during summers. But, for me, the lake at Jubilee Campus will always be a memorable one, as I spend most of my time with my best buddy there either taking a walk around or sitting and chit-chatting over a coffee. This place especially in evening is very serene and beautiful.

Uni Park lake

University Park Campus

Jubilee Campus

Jubilee Campus

Where is your favourite place to eat out in Nottingham and why?

Well, I love Indian food and being away from home I miss “ghar ka khana”(home cooked food) for which I would say Peachy Keens is one of the very good options to put an end to my craving, one can enjoy buffet there and it also offers student discount, which is the icing on the cake. And, for the ones who love tandoori platter then 4550 Miles from Delhi would be the best bet without any doubt.

Are you part of any societies?

No, I am not part of any of the societies. Certainly, would suggest and recommend all of you to be a part of one or the other societies, depending upon the kind of interest you have. There are number of societies, which not only will help you to socialise with people having similar interest as yours, but would also help you in cultivating your skills.

What’s the most frequently asked question students ask you, and what advice do you give them?

Not students as much, but yes as I got to speak to most of their parents and the major concern each of them had was with regard to security and as I told and can say, that Nottingham is a very student friendly place. Even as a girl, I never felt that there is any such problem with respect to safety or security.

Neha 600x500

What’s your number one tip for international EU students coming to Nottingham?

I would first like to congratulate all the offer holders and would like to say that just keep all your worries aside because once you’ll be here, everything will start falling in place one after the other without any hassle, and trust me, it will be a cake walk for you all. Just be ready to welcome the number of new and exciting things that the University, as well as the city, will be offering you.

What are you hoping to do after you graduate /finish your course?

I am planning to go back to my home country and pursue my career as a lawyer with an upgradation of all the knowledge and experience acquired in last one year both at personal and educational level.

Posted in AcademicCareersCultural integrationFoodFriendsInternational Student callersNottingham citySocieties