January 22, 2016, by International students

Meet our Student Callers: Eve from China

Eve 600x500

If you hold an offer to study at The University of Nottingham, you might be lucky enough to receive a call from one of our International Student Callers. Chinese student Eve is in her second year of a BA International Media and Communication Studies course. Eve has been chatting with students in China and answering their questions about life in Nottingham. 

Why did you choose to study at Nottingham?

Nottingham chose me right after I sent out my application. At the time I held five offers but made a sudden decision of changing my course therefore put myself into UCAS clearing system. I love my course – International Media and Communication Studies – although learning a second foreign language (French) and doing an arts subject in English are much harder than I expected.

What is your favourite thing about living in Nottingham?

It is a green, clean and half-modern (thus half-traditional as well) small city in the middle of England.

Where is your favourite place in Nottingham, and why?

The kitchen in our house is my favourite place. There is always interesting food, nice people, hilarious laughs and creative talk.

Where is your favourite place to eat out in Nottingham, and why?

Mandarin  restaurant. Dim Sum is what I grew up with and they have the most traditional Dim Sum and eating environment in Nottingham.

What’s the most frequently asked question students ask you, and what advice do you give them?

“Why Nottingham?” “Why not? It is a place with so much potential fun. You will gradually explore all the fun hidden in this place. And, it is green and clean.”

What’s your number one tip for international/EU students coming to Nottingham?

Be yourself with confidence and make yourself laugh everyday.

Posted in AccommodationFoodFriendsInternational Student callersNottingham city