April 23, 2014, by educationguestblog

PGCEi KL5- Dr Len Newton

I’m excited! Over the last few weeks I have been reconnecting with the School of Ed’s PGCE International course (PGCEi), which I last taught in Lagos, Nigeria, in early 2009. Since then, this course, which offers experienced international school teachers a 60 credit maters level award, has blossomed and is being taught across the world. I’m travelling to Malaysia over Easter to teach the next cohort of students in Kuala Lumpur, hence the KL5 cohort! It’s a while since I last visited KL – 2006, I think; so it will be good to return.

While I have been re-familiarising myself with the course content my academic and admin colleagues have been getting things ready for the new starters. The new student group has started to populate the course Moodle page with their autobiographies, so I am already getting to know the group before we meet face to face on 21st April. I can see we have an interesting, diverse and experienced group to work with! That means I’ll learn from them as they learn from working with me and my colleagues; that’s what I find exciting about teaching students working in overseas contexts.

So, there you go; this is my pre-blog blog over a week’s introductory course to the PGCEi KL5 cohort. I’ll post again once I have arrived in KL. Meantime, I’m packing a hat, plenty of sunscreen and an umbrella: it was 33C and stormy in KL yesterday!!

Dr Len Newton

PGCEi students KL

PGCEi students KL

P1000811

PGCEi KL

PGCEi KL