No Tomorrow Festival

December 7, 2015, by Sunita Tailor

Final Year

This blog post was written by final year English student, Una Kunhya from the School of English.

As you know I am currently in my third and final year studying in Nottingham. It has been amazing and I have done so much during my years here but there are still lots of things to be ticked off my ‘Nottingham bucketlist’.  So, I am going to tell you about a few events hosted  by the university or Nottingham City Council that you MUST experience at least once.

Goose Fair

The Goose Fair dates back over 700 years and it’s something that kids, adults and students alike can all enjoy. Forest Recreational Ground is filled to the brim  with rides, food and classic funfair games that it is a welcome treat in the mid Autumn semester. Unfortunately, you can’t attend this imminently  (it runs for less than a week during late October) so you’ll have to wait till 2016!

Goose Fair

Christmas market

IT’S CHRISTMASSSSS. Situated in Old Market Square, the Christmas market is a spectacle for all to see. You will find over 50 attractive Victorian style cabins selling a wide range of quality crafts, gifts and food. With both unique and handmade gifts on offer, there is plenty of choice for you to begin your Christmas shopping! Plus, there is even an ice rink if you fancy getting your skates on, but I recommend booking in advance to secure a place.

Christmas Market

Varsity

Every year, the annual Nottingham Varsity Series sees The University of Nottingham go against Nottingham Trent in a variety of sporting events at some of Nottingham’s most prestigious sporting venues. Even if you’re not a huge sports fan (like me), you will definitely find yourself drawn into the tension, excitement and atmosphere of each event, such as basketball or ice-hockey. Also, don’t forget your foam finger!

Varsity - foam finger edit  Varsity - ice hockey

No Tomorrow Festival

Set against the backdrop of Wollaton Hall, the once peaceful and idyllic setting of Nottingham’s deer park is transformed into a lively and not-to-be-missed music festival. The festival is set across two days and  you’re only a road away from Uni Park campus so first years can be back in bed in no time!  Recent line ups have included Jessie Ware, DJ Fresh, MNEK, Bondax and Blonde to name a few. This is a brilliant end of year event so get your tickets quick next year as they too go quickly!

No Tomorrow Festival

Posted in Student Words