November 30, 2015, by Helen Whitehead
Join our Carbon Reductions Hotseat Live from Paris Climate Change Conference
Sarah Stubbings writes: Sustainability, Society and You is bringing you a hotseat live from the Paris Climate Change Conference. On Wednesday 2 December from 3.00-500pm GMT, Nick Blyth, Policy and Engagement Lead for the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), will be answering your questions on carbon reductions. Are some tonnes of CO2 better than others? And what do businesses need to transform?
If you haven’t already registered for Sustainability, Society and You, then you still have time to join. This free online course looks at the major global issues of sustainability and how we can all have a real impact on our own futures.
Take a look at the carbon reduction discussion and post your questions for Nick Blyth now.
The live session will get you thinking about:
- Are all tonnes of carbon (saved) truly equivalent?
- The challenges faced by businesses and the barriers and drivers for change
- The mix of opportunities for energy and carbon reduction available to businesses in their strategies and approaches
- Issues and risks associated with compensation approaches such as carbon offsetting and the purchase of green electricity tariffs – as well as their potential positive contribution
- How the IEMA’s Greenhouse Gas Management hierarchy works as a tool to help professionals approach this challenge
- The importance of longer term policy signals and developments needed to help businesses to transform
Have your say, ask your question, join in the debate.
Image: © https://www.flickr.com/photos/antonfomkin/5243218781 (CC BY 2.0)
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first
Leave a Reply