December 29, 2013, by Helen Whitehead
Countdown #29: Five top tips to save water
Georgina Wood gives us her top tips for saving water at home:
- Put the plug in the sink when washing your face or brushing your teeth
- Fill up the washing machine and/or the dishwasher each time they’re used
- Take shorter showers instead of baths
- Wash fruit and vegetable in a dish or pan of water instead of running water from the tap.
- Use a water butt to collect rainwater for the garden
How many litres of water do we use each day? Select the line below to find the answer!
Do you know more ways? Join us on The University of Nottingham MOOC Sustainability, Society and You on January 6th and let us know!