July 5, 2016, by sustainablenottingham
Gold award for St Peters Court
Over the past year a network of Sustainability Champions from Universities across the UK have teamed up with their colleagues and student volunteers to implement a whole range of green actions in their properties to help us reduce their environmental impact.
A team from St Peters Court were successfully awarded a Gold Award, one of only two Golds awarded.
The team had worked throughout the year to reduce their Environmental Impact, with a number of schemes implemented including:
- Recruited 5 fantastic student volunteers, who ran events and engaged with their peers
- Held joint events with the Sustainability society – Dr. Bike sessions and a Green Olympic event
- Installed bat boxes on the premises in order to work on wildlife conservation
- Installed a dedicated noticeboard for green ideas, where students can also re-us
e plastic bags
- Encouraged students to donate any unused food items to Tasty Tuesdays and clothes and homeware to CRUK as part of our Unite Students Big Give
As well as the Green Impact awards there were a number of awards presented to the teams and people that had really gone above and beyond in creating sustainable change, with Chris James from St Peters court receiving The Environmental Hero Award for his passion for driving sustainability improvements in everything he does
Sorry, comments are closed!