May 11, 2017, by Chloe

My Bucket List of Local City Trips

The end of the year is in sight and I’m counting down the days until I can do some exploring guilt free. Luckily for me, Nottingham has a fairly central location within the UK, making it well connected to other cities. So here’s my bucket list of places I’d love to visit for the first time before returning home for the summer…

Birmingham:

About 1.25 hours away, around £12.50 in advance with railcard.

Poor Birmingham has a bit of a bad reputation but I’m determined to judge it for myself. I’ve had the Bullring shopping centre wholeheartedly recommended to me which makes it first on my list. There also seems to be loads of museums to visit, including the famous Cadbury World.

Leeds:

About 2 hours away, from £25.

Based on cost and distance, I’m less likely to be able to visit Leeds this summer but it’s somewhere I’d love to go over the next two years. The Corn Exchange would be great to explore in the daytime. Followed in the evening by a gig or a visit to a rooftop bar for dreamy views of the city skyline.

Manchester:

Just under 2 hours away, from £15.

Manchester seems quite arty, so I’d want to check out both some art galleries and some street art. Then to get my history fix I’d go to the Imperial War Museum North. It’s handily situated on The Quays, where apparently you can get a ferry to Liverpool as well!

I definitely can’t wait to take advantage of my student railcard and visit some new cities! Just daydreaming about it is getting me through being stuck inside revising. Where would you like to visit this summer?