June 2, 2014, by Olivia

Sorry I Can’t Hear You…

….. over the sound of my freedom!!

You may not want to read this if you aren’t done with exams yet. It may make you slightly jealous. Sorry. I don’t make the rules (or set the exam timetable).

I know freedom doesn’t have a sound. Or does it? Does internally screaming count? (I couldn’t scream out loud as I was still in the vicinity of the exam area and there were students that hadn’t finished yet. Anyway, I was officially done with my assessments and exams for second year last Thursday!! What have I been doing since then?

Nothing! Lots of relaxing. Glorious relaxing. After the exam I went to bed and didn’t set an alarm. No place to be = no alarm. It was fantastic. I couldn’t remember the last time I had such a good night’s sleep. It has been a very good few days since then.

Things I have done include going out for dinner to celebrate with my flatmates. We went to Pan Asia, sorry I do not have pictures, but I would highly recommend the place if you are into Asian cuisine. They have the whole lot; Korean, Japanese, Malaysian and Thai to name a few. I had the Pan Asia bento box and it was fab, again sorry there are no pictures. I was very hungry and inhaled my food!

Then yesterday because the weather was so good I decided to do a bit of shopping in the city centre.

Nottingham Council House

Nottingham Council House

I never knew how nice it was just to have a sit down in Old Market Square with an iced coffee and just soak up the sun, the music by the street performers and the good view. I have to admit I was a little envious of the children playing in the fountain that I was tempted to take of my shoes and roll up my jeans and join them! This was a good start to the summer.

I hope you all do well on your remaining exams and have a great summer holiday.

Looking forward to reporting to you from London next week! 😀

Posted in Olivia