May 19, 2014, by Olivia

Beating the Revision-Monday Blues

Tired of revision? Yeah me too. This is not my favourite time of year. I mean I love that summer is approaching but what good is it if I am stuck in my room or Hallward all day without being able to enjoy the glorious sunshine? Thank goodness we only have to stick it out for a couple more weeks.

People tend to get the Monday blues because it’s not the weekend anymore and that means it’s back to work. As you can tell from my lack of posts on the blog, I have been studying (mostly) all through the week, even on the weekends! That’s why by the time Monday comes around I find it difficult to get out of bed and start this whole cycle of revision again.

However, not to worry, I have come up with a plan to keep me going! What I do is I wake up early on Mondays (by early I mean 9 am, okay sometimes it’s 10am) and cook myself a nice breakfast with some music on. It can be anything from pancakes to a full English breakfast, depending on what I feel like having. All that cooking and singing at the top of my lungs (it’s okay my flatmates are used to it) is a good wake up because I will be starving by the time the food is cooked.

Today's selection cinammon swirls and pancakes!

Today’s selection: cinammon swirls and pancakes!

Then here comes the best bit! Game of Thrones as you may know airs past midnight here in the UK, so I watch it in the mornings instead. If the food, singing screaming, and coffee hasn’t somehow woken me up yet some epic scene or sudden death on the show is bound to for sure!

Mornings don't get any better than this!

Mornings don’t get any better than this!

This routine has kept me going for the past 3 weeks so I suggest you try it or make up one of your own to keep you going for the next couple of weeks.

Have a great week ahead and best of luck to all of you in your exams!

Posted in Olivia