April 16, 2014, by Sarah
Listing my life
Discoveries I have made this week:
1. The non term-time hopper bus timetable.
Do you like waiting? Do you enjoy gnawing hunger in the evenings? Do you enjoy randomly walking around because all Uni shops are closed? Well you’re in luck! We bring you the non term time hopper bus timetable- now even more inconvenient! *jazz hands*
2. Two cakes are better than one. Me and my friend Claire had a nice catch up and co op cake binge before she went home for Easter (lucky jammer).
3. Uniform is less good in hot weather. Yep. *wipes brow*
4. Pasta bake can get very boring. Even if you use smoked cheddar. Mmm using up all your things meals- luuussshh.
5. Jazz saxophone and choral music is possibly the most soul-soothing combination ever:
It’s the penultimate day of placement.
Unless something goes dramatically wrong.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For all those still fighting on with placement- stay strong, you can do it.
I didn’t think I could do it. But yet here we are 🙂
I currently am using the remaining dregs of my energy to fuel placement and not much else- but here are a few thoughts about it (in no particular order):
Things I will not miss about placement:
1. Skimmed milk tea/ coffee.
2. Hand gel. Owwieee
3. Constantly observation/justification. It is very important and necessary but it gets tiring too.
4. Commuting 3-4 hours per day.
5. The hopper bus and medilink- see above.
6. Getting up early and setting 3 alarms on 3 different time keeping devices. Just in case.
7. Waking up in panic about patients/ dreaming about mistakes I may have made. I once woke up in a panic that I was meant to make rice for a patient and hadn’t done it. FYI- Dietitians don’t make rice. That should be on a t shirt or something.
Things I will miss about placement:
1. BASICALLY WORKING AS A DIETITIAN – ahhhhhh I love it foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2. My lovely patients!
3. The amazing Dietetic department!
4. Routine- feeling like you’re really working and doing what you’ve wanted to do for so long.
5. Carrying around a folder and feeling purposeful – lol
6. Actually having valuable input into people’s lives
7. Hospital environment. I’m one of those weird people who likes hospitals (just as well!)
8. Basically everything to be honest
I want a break and a rest- but really I don’t want it to end. I’d happily come back in a week or two….I suppose at least I know I’m on the right course 🙂 Placement is just hardcore- if I was qualified I’d be having way more breaks (I hope).
All you lucky people at home for Easter- enjoy!
Everyone still persevering at work/placement- you can do it!
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first