March 20, 2014, by Ben Read

Post Dissertation Celebrations!

The past fortnight has been the final leg of the dissertation marathon for me and I have finally crossed the finish line. Since completion I have done several exciting things to celebrate, which unsurprisingly included a lot of food and drink.

Annie’s Burger Shack is a restaurant famous in Nottingham and one that I have wanted to visit for such a long time.

Annie's fancy new restaurant in the Lace Market

Annie’s fancy new restaurant in the Lace Market

I had been told numerous times about these mythical sounding burgers, topped with pancakes, maple syrup and bacon for example! I chose the The Jamie Blackmore – a burger topped with 8 hour slow cooked BBQ’d pulled pork, topped with melted Red Leicester and a pinch of fresh salsa. It was incredible!!!

Another celebratory event was a night out at Nottingham’s newest venue, The Brickworks. The intimate warehouse played host to Route 94 and Breach, both two of the hottest names in British dance music right now which led to a great night.

photo 1 (3)Of course a cheeky trip to Crisis last night topped of the celebrations! Sorry if anyone reading this is still has deadlines and is stuck in Hallward working, I’ll be back in Hallward next week with you too for more coursework!

Posted in Ben