February 3, 2014, by Olivia

Superpowers & Chinese New Year

“If you had a superpower, what would it be?”

My answer to this question was always either to be able to fly or to be invisible. However the longer I am in university I find myself wanting a different kind of superpower. I want, no sorry NEED an eidetic memory kind of like Mike Ross from Suits?

The answer to this question dawned on me especially during exam week where I had to revise 3 modules worth of revision. It was crazy and I was going crazy! It took me the entire Christmas break to study for my exams and even after all of that I still felt like I didn’t know anything. I’m sure most of you, if not all of you remember feeling this just two weeks ago.

If only I could remember all my lecture material the first time I look at it. It would save me so much time. I might not even have to revise! However it’s not possible, so I guess until someone invents a memory pill there’s nothing I can do but hit the books!

This is just 12 weeks worth of material (4 modules) and I'm supposed to remember this forever? Aaaaah!

This is just 12 weeks worth of material (4 modules) and I’m supposed to remember this forever? Aaaaah!

For those of you who don’t watch Suits, here is a clip about Mike Ross, the good bit starts at 1.03.

Meet Mike Ross

On a side note, it is still Chinese New Year. So I would like to wish those of you celebrating, a prosperous year of the horse! On the eve of Chinese New Year, my flatmates and a couple of our friends managed to organize a little dinner in Bamboo, If you like good Chinese food for a decent price I would recommend this place! It also serves hot pot if you’re into that. Here are some pictures of the food we had that night:

Chicken Satay, Fried Rice and Chicken in black bean sauce.

Photo 30-01-2014 19 52 48

BBQ pork dumplings, crispy duck and char siew.

Hope you all have a splendid week ahead.

Posted in Olivia