July 19, 2013, by Gemma

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye

Hello, and welcome to my final blog. *wipes away tear* My 3 years at University have ended, and what amazing three years they have been!

I still remember my very first day – a bit overwhelming meeting so many new people and realising that Nottingham was my new home for the next few years. Not realising that some of the people I was meeting, would be my friends for life.

Freshers week - Professor Green

Freshers week – Professor Green

Freshers week

Freshers week

First year

First year

Looking back, I was definitely in the “hall bubble” during first year, and didn’t try any societies. And then when third year came, I tried every single society under the sun. (Okay, major exaggeration there.) This probably wasn’t the best of ideas since third year is meant to be the toughest year, and your last chance to bump up your grades. However, I have no regrets. It got me back into street dance and hula hooping, I met new people, and now I have new hobbies.

So what happens now?

Since term ended, I’ve been eating a lot of waffles with strawberries, been to a friend’s wedding, attempted to skateboard, and went to Dubai. I’ve also started an exciting new chapter in my life, working as a graduate in a bank.

waffles

Waffles & strawberries

wedding

Beautiful wedding

Attempting to skateboard

Attempting to skateboard

Holiday in Dubai

Holiday in Dubai

I will never forget the amazing memories from Uni and the amazing people I have met. Thank you Nottingham University for an incredible three years!

soc ball

Winning ‘Best Event’ at Societies Ball

The ducks that stop traffic on campus

The ducks that stop traffic on campus

Graduation Ball

Graduation Ball

Fancy dress in Nottingham

Fancy dress in Nottingham

To those yet to complete their degree, take advantage of every opportunity there is, because I promise you, you will gain invaluable new skills and experiences. Also what do you have to lose? Mae West said: “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” Wise words.

So long, farewell

Hope you have enjoyed reading my blogs as much as I have enjoyed writing them. And good luck to you all for the future! 🙂

A final note from the Sound of Music soundtrack:

Posted in 2012 Gemma