March 8, 2013, by Gemma

Oh, What’s Occuring?

Howdy. There are some pretty cool things happening this coming week that I’d like to share with you guys so you don’t miss out.

Tuesday: New Chancellor’s Installation Day Lecture

Sir Andrew Witty, our Uni’s new Chancellor, is giving a lecture on Tuesday at 3pm. He graduated from the University’s School of Economics and is the Chief Executive of GlaxoSmithKline. The title of his lecture is ‘Quality degree or quality experience – what’s university about?’ Plus, its’ free!

Tuesday: Support Age UK and knit an Innocent Smoothie hat

Every Tuesday evening Knit-Soc holds a volunteering session where you can knit a hat for Innocent Smoothie bottles. You could make something like this:

Hat for innocent

Hat for innocent

My little hat

My little hat

I’m so proud of my little hat! 25p per hat is donated to Age UK.

Friday: Support Save the Children at Bag O’ Nails

Have you heard of the If Campaign? It’s a worldwide initiative to tackle global hunger. My housemate and her team have organised an Open Mic Night in the Bag O’ Nails. It’s for a good cause, and it’s free so why not come along for a couple of drinks before you hit the Big O. All donations, no matter how small, are welcome.

All week: Student Leader Elections are Open

Every vote counts so check out the SU site, where you can find all the manifestos. 

In other news, my highlight of the past week

My family and I were in Cardiff for the weekend. And we visited the flats where the cast of the Valleys live! Exciting stuff.

Newest additions to the cast of the Valleys

See you next Friday!

Posted in 2012 Gemma