August 29, 2017, by Tara de Cozar
Research roadshows: Find out about our £200m investment, plus guidance on publication of research
Join Professor Dame Jessica Corner, Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research and Knowledge Exchange, at a series of roadshows this September and October to find out more about the University of Nottingham’s Research Vision.
The University is also holding roadshows on our newly launched Research Publication Framework: discover how to make the most of your publications for REF and beyond.
Dame Jessica will host the Research Vision roadshows: what does our investment mean to me? between Monday 11 September and Friday 6 October.
Each of the Research Publication Framework roadshows, taking place from Tuesday 5 September – Thursday 7 September, will be hosted by a Faculty Associate Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research and Knowledge Exchange.
Dame Jessica says:
“The University of Nottingham is making an unparalleled investment in both our research and our people. What does this mean for all researchers and research support staff across the University?
This £200m investment – unprecedented in our history – will offer exciting opportunities for us all: academics and researchers, postgraduate students and support staff.
I’m keen to share with you our vision for research, our progress so far, and to update you on some of the exciting work that is already taking place.
To find out more about our vision for research both now and in the years to come, please join me at one of our Research Roadshows. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions.
The Research Publication Framework roadshows outline our commitment to:
- supporting our researchers in getting the most out of their publications
- enhancing the University of Nottingham’s reputation for excellence in our research outputs
These roadshows are among a number of activities throughout 2017-18 aimed at helping researchers get the most of their publications, for REF and beyond.
I very much hope you can join me at the Research Vision Roadshows, and our colleagues at the Research Publication Framework events.”
Research Vision roadshows
- Monday 11 September, 11am-noon, King’s Meadow Campus, studio 11
- Tuesday 26 September, noon-1pm, Queen’s Medical Centre, room C1052
- Tuesday 26 September, 2pm-3pm, University Park, Sir Clive Granger Building, room A48
- Monday 2 October, 9am-10am, Royal Derby Hospital, room 207
- Friday 6 October, 3pm-4pm, Nottingham City Hospital, room A50
- There is no need to register or book a place – please just join us on the day.
Research Publication Framework roadshows
- Tuesday 5 September, noon-1pm, Jubilee Campus, Exchange Building, room LT2 Introduced by Professor Andrew Leyshon, Associate Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research and Knowledge Exchange, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Tuesday 5 September, noon-1pm, Sutton Bonington, Plant Science Building, room A17/LR1 Professor Richard Emes, Associate Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research and Knowledge Exchange, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Wednesday 6 September, noon-1pm, University Park, Engineering and Science Learning Centre, room A09 Professor Sarah Sharples, Associate Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research and Knowledge Exchange, Faculty of Engineering
- Thursday 7 September, noon-1pm, University Park: Highfield House, room A01/02 Professor Maiken Umbach, Associate Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research and Knowledge Exchange, Faculty of Arts (final availability TBC)
Please reserve a place at your preferred session
For more information on these roadshows or the Publication Framework, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more
Research Vision Workspace
Publication Framework Workspace
These sites are regularly updated with information for researchers, academic colleagues, professional services and support staff.
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first
Leave a Reply