June 23, 2017, by Zoë Goodwin
Mental Health First Aid: Understanding and Managing Mental Health
As part of the University of Nottingham’s Wellbeing Programme, we are delighted to welcome Caroline Hounsell, Director of Partnerships and Product Development at Mental Health First Aid England on Thursday 13th July, 12:00 – 13:30 in B08, Engineering and Science Learning Centre.
Mental Health First Aid teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue. During this lunchtime event, Caroline will be talking about how we can understand and manage mental health and will discuss the following:
- Mental health & and the mental health continuum
- The risks and protected factors of mental health
- Stress and the impact of stress
- Recognising the signs of stress
- Helping others who are experiencing mental ill health
- Looking after our own mental health
This event is free and everyone is welcome. Lunch will be provided. To book please click here.
For more information on this event, please email the People and Culture team.
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first