January 26, 2017, by Michael Jennings
Events for LGBT History Month 2017
February is LGBT History Month, and to celebrate we are exploring LGBT culture with academic lectures, discussion, film screenings and more.
All events are free, and are open to the public as well as staff and students. Read our introductory blog post from Dr Max Biddulph, Associate Professor in Education and Counselling and Chair of the University’s LGBT Staff Network, explaining why we are marking February with these events.
We’ll be adding more events to this gallery and will update this blog regularly from 1 February with news, events and comment. Make sure you keep checking back. If you are interested in writing a blog post this month or next year, please get in touch. You can also get updates from @UoNPandC on Twitter.
Take a look at our events below, and scroll down for links to book.
- Citizens of the Third Reich, Friday 27 January, 6.30pm. View highlights from this event in Storify.
- Intersections: in conversation with the LGBT community in Nottingham, Sunday 5 February, 2pm. View highlights from this event in Storify.
- Nottingham: the centre of the LGBT universe, Sunday 5 February, 7.30-9pm. Book online.
- Responding to LGBT hate crime, Friday 10 February, 6.30-8.30pm. Book online.
- Storm Drenched Minds screening, Thursday 16 February, 6.30pm. Book online.
- LGBT health and wellbeing stall, Friday 17 February, 11am-1pm. Just turn up.
- Pride around the world, Saturday 18 February, 6-9pm. Book online.
- Pay It No Mind screening, Sunday 19 February, 11am. Book online.
- Finding a voice: minority identities within and beyond LGBTQ+, Monday 20 February, 6.30pm. Book online.
- San Junipero screening, Tuesday 21 February, 7-9pm. Just turn up.
- LGBT research showcase, Thursday 23 February, 6.30-9pm. Book online.
- Political upheaval and the LGBT community: building resilience in a changing world, Monday 27 February, 6.30pm. Book online.
- Rainbow refugees: LGBT rights in refugee and asylum law, Tuesday 28 February, 4.30-6.30pm. Book online.
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first
Leave a Reply