October 22, 2014, by offcampus
It’s been a great year for cycling in Nottingham. The clocks are going back on Sunday 26 October and your journeys are going to get darker – but this doesn’t have to put you off cycling. You just have to be prepared!
Top tips for safe winter cycling from Sustrans:
1) The more visible you are the safer you are. Wear bright or fluorescent clothes in the day and reflective garments at night to reflect headlights.
2) Bike lights must be used when riding on campus, public roads, cycle paths or public places between sunset and sunrise or in conditions of seriously reduced visibility during the day.
3) Make sure you have a white front light, a red rear light and reflector, pedal reflectors (or ankle reflectors) and check your brakes are working well.
4) If you don’t have lights, you can pick them up from the Students Union shop for only £8.
5) For more information on winter cycling visit the Brighten Up website or contact email@example.com
Cycling in winter can be very enjoyable but you have to be prepared. So it’s time to embrace the changing seasons, brighten up, be seen and stay safe!
Contact – Adam Batty 01158232394
Twitter – @UoNUcycle
Facebook – UoNUcycle
Instagram – UoNUcycle
No comments yet, fill out a comment to be the first