May 30, 2013, by brach6

Georgina Pearce wins the High Performance prize, supported by Accenture

Second year English student, Georgina Pearce, is the winner of the High Performance prize, supported by Accenture. Accenture was looking for a candidate who demonstrated excellence in their field. The certificate and prize of £200 was presented by Sharon Bell, Associate Director of the Careers and Employability Service, on behalf of Accenture.

In addition to her academic studies, Georgina has successfully completed the Nottingham Advantage Award. She completed the Part-time jobs, Vacation Jobs and Volunteering, Career Skills in English, and Students’ Union Volunteering Activity modules.

Here is what Georgina had to say about winning this prize:

‘I applied for an Advantage Award prize because I really enjoyed my time completing the award and whilst it wasn’t a great deal of work it really advanced the experience of partaking in the advantage award. Looking through the prizes on offer, The High Performance prize stood out to me as so often people comment on how I manage to juggle my time at university to high levels. I knew by just highlighting the activities I partake in, such as being a committee member for URN and CoppaFeel! that they would stand out but I also made sure I emphasised my passion for my course, and commitment to that too. During the interview process I highlighted times where my work on URN committee has meant dealing with problems with your peers. One thing I also emphasised was the skill of time management that becomes so important to my activities. The award has proven to me that the effort put into all of this is recognised. Through the Nottingham Advantage Award I have been able to see clearly what skills I am learning through my extra-curricular work, which perhaps you take for granted when you are just working to get a job done. I have enjoyed learning more about employers, careers and where my university can take me, and would recommend to anyone to take part in the award.’

Posted in NewsPrizesSpecial Achievement AwardsStudent Experience