January 10, 2013, by Hayley

Have you developed your cross-cultural awareness during your Award work?

If you think you’ve improved your international perspective through the modules you’ve taken whilst completing the Award, and want to gain recognition for it, then apply for our fantastic Global Award Prize, supported by the Vice-Chancellor and STA Travel!

The winner will get an amazing £500 of STA Travel vouchers! If you can demonstrate that you’ve developed some of the following attributes in your application then nominate yourself now…

•  The acquisition of a broader international perspective.
  •  A good understanding of a diverse and global society.
  •  Communication with others across cultures.
  •  Developing cross–cultural and intercultural awareness through a range of activities.
  •  An understanding of what it means to be a global citizen.

Here’s what last year’s winner, Lucy Stone, had to say about her application when she found out she had been shortlisted for the prize….

MP090512AH2_157

Why did you apply for this prize?

I applied for this prize because I have done a lot of work with the International Office and gained international experience in general. This all stemmed from when I went abroad in my second semester of my second year. I felt that this was a great opportunity to showcase the skills I’ve gained and been able to utilise them within my modules. The Peer Advisor module that I have completed offered by the International Office has directly related to working with international students, whereas the module, Developing Cultural Awareness, allowed me to reflect on my experiences while in another country on exchange. So I feel I can understand it from both sides of the coin, so to speak.

How do you feel about being shortlisted?

I feel very honoured and very happy. I’m pleased that the skills I have developed through award activity have been formally recognised.

For the first time – this prize is also open to students from our China and Malaysia campuses – only one winner will be chosen.

Nominations are open now! Application forms and Terms and Conditions can be downloaded from the workspace site

Posted in Prizes