March 10, 2014, by Alexander Hall

Exploring images of snow and winter past

Previously I posted about the collection of digital composite images that I’ve created as part of the Snow Scenes project. The images, all created from photographs held in the archives at the Museum of Lakeland Life and Industry merged with their modern day locations, are now available for online viewing in the gallery below.

Currently on display in the Coffee House Exhibition space at the Museum until 22nd March 2014, the images are all currently available to purchase, with fifty percent of sales going to the Museum of Lakeland Life and Industry. If you can’t make the exhibition in Kendal and are interested in purchasing one, please contact me at: alexanderfrederickhall[at]gmail[dot]com.

I created the photographs as a way to explore changes to the Cumbrian landscape, bring historical records to life, and to generate discussion amongst Cumbrians about their memories of snow and winters past in the region. We are still collecting memories of snow and winter in Cumbria, so if you’d like to participate please  click to submit a memory.

Posted in Archive sourcesPhotographs