February 12, 2019, by International students
招聘 | 诺丁汉大学上海办公室工作机会
Job Title: International Relations and Digital Officer
Location: Shanghai, China
Contract status: Full-Time
Closing date: 2019/02/26
Salary: 141703 RMB to 176135 RMB per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
This role is based in Shanghai Office. The University of Nottingham’s International Recruitment Teams play a central role in supporting the global reputation of a world top 100 University, in the UK, China and Malaysia. This role will primarily support the recruitment of high-quality Chinese students to the University of Nottingham’s UK Campus.
The successful candidate will play an important role in supporting recruitment from across China, with a particular focus on undergraduate recruitment and growing the University’s digital presence in China.
The role holder will work closely with colleagues in the UK and will report directly to the International Relations Manager, based in Nottingham, UK. The position will involve significant travel across China and a flexible approach to working patterns is therefore required.
- Educated to Bachelor degree level;
- Previous overseas study;
- Excellent literacy, presentation and interpersonal skills with evidence of building effective working relationships at all levels and communicating across a wide range of internal and external audiences;
- High proficiency in English and Chinese language;
- IT skills, highly proficient in the use Microsoft Office;
- Highly organised, self-motivated and committed, with the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision and find solutions to complex issues as they arise;
- Digital marketing and communications expertise in local Chinese channels such as WeChat, Youku and Baidu;
- Ability to write engaging and well-received WeChat articles;
- Solid understanding of the UCAS process and UK recruitment practices;
- Experience of working in a target driven environment and evidence of successfully delivering against those targets;
- Experience of managing or regularly producing posts for WeChat;
- A flexible approach towards working patterns is needed which will include working weekends and evenings as necessary;
- Frequent travel within China is required, and occasional overseas travel may be required;
- Cross cultural sensitivity and experience of working with other cultures.
- Degree or a professional qualification in marketing, design, computer science, cultural or communications studies;
- Experience of overseas study in UK;
- Experience of overseas UG study in UK;
- Numerate with expertise in statistical software;
- Design skills for digital campaigns and production of online materials;
- Event co-ordination / management;
- Experience of being line-managed from distance;
- Experience of working with stakeholders such as academic staff, agents and school counsellors in a recruitment environment;
- Experience of managing advanced digital marketing campaigns, with a strong focus on RoI and statistical evaluation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with external stakeholders (approx. 50%)
- Lead on building excellent working relationships with a designated set of recruitment agents and school counsellors, including telephone, email, face-to-face and digital communication;
- Attend recruitment events and conducting regular visits to agent offices and international curriculum schools across China, to counsel, train and engage in building close and sustainable relationships with agents, school counsellors, prospective students and their families;
- Conduct foundation provider visits to build relationships with providers and to advise students about applying to UoN for UG studies;
- Host workshops and appropriate events to improve agent and school relations;
- Assess and report on agent and school feeder performance;
- Collect and answer all forms of enquiries from prospective students and parents;
- Lead on UG conversion activities, both online and offline;
- Maintaining and manage our Chinese Schools databases
Lead on Digital Marketing and Communications (approx. 30%)
- Lead on the day-to-day management of the University’s digital marketing approach in China, with specific attention on advertising through local platforms, such as WeChat and Baidu;
- Provide regular statistical reporting on campaign performance against strategic objectives and RoI;
- Produce engaging editorial content for publishing on WeChat;
Support internal stakeholders (approx. 20%)
- Provide support for University of Nottingham academic staff undertaking recruitment activity in China, including itineraries and data analysis;
- Lead on liaison with designated Faculties;
- Conduct data analysis and surveys to inform strategic decision making;
- Conduct market research;
- Contribute to the annual market plans in consultation with the International Relations Manager and colleagues in China;
- Work with colleagues at our campuses in China and Malaysia to support a global recruitment effort and brand footprint;
- Work closely with the International Relations Manager and Senior International Relations Manager for China, based in Nottingham, UK.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
To apply, please click here.