October 2, 2018, by Matthew Lumley
Join our project: Help us find out how students engage with the Award
Do you want to develop the Nottingham Advantage Award? Then help us run a project to make real change and enhance your employability.
We want to gain a variety of student perspectives. Therefore, you do not need to have been involved in the Advantage Award already.
Why this project?
The Nottingham Advantage Award is highly regarded by national employers for boosting student employability through its recognition of extra-curricular activities and skills development. We currently have thousands of students enrolled each year and a range of modules available.
However we are keen to understand more about student engagement with the Award:
- Why do students take part?
- How can we make the Award the best it can be?
- What are the possible barriers to engagement?
This will guide us in how best to develop the Award in the future.
How can you help us?
We are looking for you to lead a project investigating student engagement with the Nottingham Advantage Award. Through this we would like you to gather feedback and make recommendations.
How you approach this project is up to you. However, you are not alone – experts from Careers will be on hand to help you make it a success.
What do you get out of it?
By participating, you will get the opportunity to:
- Work in a team with other students with support from the Careers and Employability Service
- Gain research and project management experience
- Increase your own employability
- Present at a University-wide conference to senior staff
- Earn 10 Nottingham Advantage Award credits for taking part in the Students as Change Agents programme
How do you get involved?
Simply email email@example.com for more details.
Successful candidates will be invited to an induction meeting on Wednesday 17 October.