When the chips are down, is poker a skill?
March 24, 2015
A new study has reignited the debate over whether poker winnings should be taxed by suggesting that the game becomes one of skill after around 1,500 hands. Researchers at Nottingham analysed hundreds of millions of online plays to arrive at the finding, which could have major repercussions for card-sharps around the world. Poker is among …
Subscribe by email
About this blog
Research Exchange showcases the amazing research taking place at the University of Nottingham.
- It’s been quite a privilege: my 30 years at Nottingham
- Building on an excellent foundation
- International Research Collaboration Fund is now open
- Professor Tom Rodden is new Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research and Knowledge Exchange
- University of Nottingham relaunches International Research Collaboration Fund