July 17, 2015, by Sarah

“I wish there was an easier way to access all my course readings…..”

Did you know Nottingham has over 1900 reading lists available online? You can access reading lists for your modules via Moodle. Each list shows real-time availability of print material in the library, as well as linking directly to online resources such as e-books, journal articles, blogs, YouTube videos, etc. If you want, you can also add your own notes or download your list in a choice of bibliographic styles.

Some reading lists were viewed over 10,000 times last year! The top ten most popular lists in the 2014-15 academic year were:-

V11205: Roads to Modernity: An Introduction to Modern History 1789-1945
L82170: Research Tutorial
N13425: Human Resource Management I
G12INM: Introduction to Numerical Methods
W52205:  Transnational Media
L13618:  Political Economy
V11219 : Introduction to the Medieval World, 500-1500
M34170:  International Commercial Arbitration
N13418:  Strategic Management II
N11612:  Work and Society

If a reading list isn’t available for your course, it is possible that your module convenor hasn’t set one up. Please ask them in the first instance.

Calling module convenors!

“It would be lovely if the lecturers actually used this… so far I have completed 15 modules since arriving last year, I have only had one reading list appear! It would be handy to have all my reading available from one place. If it’s at all possible to encourage lecturers to upload lists that would be very useful!” Second year Humanities student.

Is your reading list available in the online reading list system?  If not, the Library Collections Group can help you set up a list for your own module. We offer short training sessions which can be booked online or we can visit schools and departments to provide tailored sessions. We’ve also put together this training documentation. If you’d like to discuss this further, please get I touch by emailing collections@nottingham.ac.uk.

Posted in CollectionsTeaching and Learning