March 11, 2019, by Sunita Tailor

A New Place to Study

This blog was written by second year English student, Megan Bowie. 

As I started to think about my formative essays this week, I realised I got easily distracted in my room by my surroundings whilst being at home. This made me think of where I could go to have an effective study day whilst on campus. Check out some of the places I found around University Park to be conducive to studying:

1. The Library

Hallward and George Green both offer various study areas to get some quiet time to focus on your task. They have the silent zones but also areas to do group work if needed to give you a suitable study space.

Hallward Library

George Green Library

1. Grab a Coffee on Campus

Our campus has a wide selection of coffee shops offering a change of scenery when working especially if the library is busy. My personal favourites are Trent café on the ground floor of Trent building and Lakeside art gallery, next to the music building by the entrance to university. They provide a relaxed environment but with a little bit of background noise if that’s what motivates you.

Trent Cafe, Trent Building

1. The Great Outdoors

Now the warm weather is approaching (fingers crossed!), our university grounds are the best location to get you out of the house. They provide a beautiful surrounding and some well needed fresh air. Hot spots include the grass by the lake, The Downs or even Millennium Gardens (behind the new Teaching and Learning building). These outdoor areas are vast so no worry of not getting a seat or breaking the bank.

These are just a few options of where around the university has to offer so grab your books and even a friend and go and have a productive day, because it’s great to stimulate your mind away from your four walls!

Millennium Gardens

Posted in Student WordsTips/Advice/Guidance