January 28, 2016, by Dushy

Back to life, back to reality

I just finished my exams on Saturday and now it’s already back to lectures?! Where’s the two-month holiday? None of that for this term, we have all had to adapt pretty quickly and get back into the swing of things. However, I know for me it has been really difficult to get back into a routine that does not involve revision and wearing pyjamas all day.

So here are a couple of tips to help get you motivated again!

• Stationary

Just think of the first day of term, like the first day of school all over again. Kit yourself out with some new stationary for the new modules you’re starting this term. There’s nothing like writing on a new fresh pad of paper, so get writing those notes now to experience it!

• Plan a mini break

We are human, so of course we all need a little break before the hard work starts again. Plan a day trip with friends to go somewhere out of Nottingham or if you’re lucky enough to have a reading week go for a mini holiday during then. The earlier you go the better so you don’t miss harder lectures towards the end.

Go to Bakewell, not for the views, but for the food!

• Back to friends

You now get to see your friends daily during lectures and be able to just chill out with no revision regrets. This also gives you motivation to actually turn up to lectures. I have to say I got incredibly bored revising alone in the house and did start to go a bit crazy because I had no company.

Obviously don't play poker during lectures, wait until after

Obviously don’t play poker during lectures, wait until after

• Countdown begins…

My graduation date got revealed to me this week so the countdown has begun for me. However I’m not really sure if it will motivate me or scare me, as we get closer to it. I’m not ready to graduate!!!

3p21pp

The squirrel seems to be doing better than me!

Posted in Dushy