March 9, 2015, by Olivia

For The First Time

Hey it’s me again, sorry for the lack of posts! University life has been pretty hectic with the many things that are currently on my plate such as my dissertation, optional modules, labs, part-time work and life in general. So much for having a relaxed spring semester! Enough about things that stress me out, let’s move on to the fun stuff which includes the concert I went to last Tuesday.

Spoiler alert: The post title is a dead giveaway for the band I saw!

I have been a fan of The Script since their second single “The Man Who Can’t Be Moved” back in 2008. Naturally when I “moved” to the UK for university one of the things on my mind was that I would finally be able to catch my favourite band live. Unfortunately by the time I realised they were touring, tickets had sold out for most of their venues in the UK and I missed my opportunity to see them.

Fast forward to 2015, 3 years later I finally got to see them live for the first time at Nottingham’s Capital FM Arena with my sister and a good friend of mine.

Processed with VSCOcam with se2 preset

Being of pretty below average height, I booked seats instead of free-standing ones in hopes that I would at least get a decent view of the show. Luckily we were allocated to a pretty decent block which had a great view of the stage.

Us beaming with excitement before the gig :D

Us beaming with excitement before the gig 😀

Pretty sweet view of the stage!

Pretty sweet view of the stage!

What I loved about the concert (apart from them sounding amazing live) was that they knew what the fans wanted in terms of the songs they picked for the set list. Where most bands will sing songs from the latest albums, The Script having released 4 albums sang about and equal number of songs from each of their albums and it was a perfect mix of their “classics” and newer music.

It was an amazing night. Despite my high expectations the band managed to live up to it and I didn’t want it to end. However once the gig was over it was time to head home and jump straight into bed as I had an early start the next day for a UCAS open day. I am glad to report I still managed to lead my campus tours despite nearly losing my voice.

I hope you all have a lovely week ahead and I shall leave you with a bad recording of “The Man Who Can’t Be Moved” from the concert.

Posted in Olivia