December 7, 2014, by Laurie Jacobs

Deadlines (and the problems associated with not having any)

In case you haven’t noticed, it’s deadline season.

Tension in the library has hit fever pitch, make but a single noise in the silent study and you run the risk of being attacked in by a bedraggled third year in a caffeine induced rage.

But, strangely enough, I don’t actually have any.

By virtue of the fact that all of my deadlines fell earlier in the semester, I find my self in the curious position of having very little to do. I don’t have any essays or projects, mountains of books to trawl through, journals to read or words to spew out on to the page.

Of course, there is the ever-looming prospect of having to write a dissertation, but like all serious problems, this is best ignored. (Joking) (Sort of)

The funny thing is, whilst this may seem to be an enviable position to those currently drowning in deadline-fever, due to the fact that all of my friends and housemates are snowed in with work, I’m actually quite bored.

With all this free time on my hands, the question lies, what do I do with it?

We must firstly exclude all activities that require any form of monetary expense. It’s December. I don’t need to remind everyone how long ago the student loan was.

Also, lets avoid things that involve being outside for too long. Long walks around Wollaton Park? Come on, It’s freezing.

So I have essentially been reduced to watching

The Pacific

Band of Brothers

And the Lord of the Rings

As well as putting the finishing touches to my Fifa Ultimate team.

I am not an advert for the productive student. Slackers of the world unite.

Posted in Laurie