November 24, 2014, by Olivia

Is it Christmas Yet?

Deadline & exam week has gone past and I have thankfully made it. With a busy and stressful module up ahead I decided that this weekend was going to be a fun one. I was so determined, I started on Friday after my calculations exam. If only I got this excited about coursework.. A group of us from my course had been planning to have dim sum however not everyone was available over the weekend so we brought it forward and had a cheeky dim sum session between lectures!

Cheeky DimSum in between lectures!

Cheeky DimSum in between lectures at Man’s Restaurant in the City Centre.

Off to a good start in terms of food I decided to continue this streak and indulged myself in a beef burger with a ghost chilli sauce (sorry pictures not included, I was too hungry). People who know me understand my obsession with spicy food. Say chillies and I am there. Ghost chillies are very close to the top of the Scoville scale. In case you didn’t know the Scoville scale is used to measure the heat of spicy foods. The spiciest chilli I have ever tried was the bird’s eye chilli so naturally, I accepted the challenge. I have no regrets despite crying into my plate. It was worth. EVERY. BITE. (and my tears)

The Scoville Scale (no. 2 on this list, see I wasn’t kidding!)

They say the best cure for when you want to cool down after a spicy meal is dairy. This lead to the wise decision to order a giant mountain of ice cream with whipped cream and Maltesers and cheesecake and chocolate cake which my friends and I struggled to finish.

FullSizeRender

Rose and Crown’s “Mountain of Sweet”

I also managed to watch two movies based on books this weekend!

Both I highly recommend, Gone Girl more than Mockingjay but hey they were both really good!

I also headed to town to do some shopping and check out the Christmas market. Here are some of the pictures I took:

Bauble selfie?

Managed to catch the sunlight coming through the Christmas tree.

Processed with VSCOcam with lv03 preset

Wishing it was Christmas right now..

It was a refreshing weekend and I really needed this as a pick me up to pull through the last three weeks of this semester. I know in my last post I was sceptical about Christmas cheer beginning too early but now I am starting to wish it was Christmas!

Hope you all have a lovely week ahead!

Posted in Olivia