June 30, 2014, by Olivia

Up and Down! (the country)

Hello dearest blog readers!

You probably may have noticed I have been missing for a few weeks, this is because I really have been away travelling. These past few weeks, I have been down to London then Loughborough and just recently Edinburgh! It has been a busy time for me, packing, unpacking and then packing to leave again. It was an exhilarating experience but I must say it is good to be back home in Nottingham in my own bed and with my own WiFi connection.

The first stop on my travels was London as I was going to see John Mayer in London. I had been waiting to see him since October 2013 however that time around I missed out on the tickets so you can imagine how excited I was to finally get to catch him live! Then after that I had a lot of time to explore London at my own pace and take a lot of photographs. Oh, did I mention the weather in London was sunny the entire time I was there? Not even a single drop of rain!

Jeppe Hein’s Appearing Rooms Exhibition, South Bank London

South Bank Food Festival

Millennium Bridge

After London it was back to Nottingham for a little break before I set off to Loughborough to send me sister off as she was going home for the summer. After a day, it was back to Nottingham for exam results and then I set off to Edinburgh for 5 days where the weather was surprisingly nice!

View of Edinburgh from th Scott Monument.

View of Edinburgh from the Scott Monument.

Old Town, Edinburgh

Tried Haggis, Neeps & Tatties for the first time ever. Surprised that I liked the haggis more than the (tur)neeps!

After all that travelling I once again headed back to Nottingham for the undergraduate open days. It was a very wet and gloomy weekend but that sure didn’t dampen the spirit of the visitors which was great for me as a student ambassador as it wasn’t difficult to keep up the energy to do multiple campus tours!

It has been a pretty rushed couple of weeks, which is why I am looking forward to having a lazy week before I head off again. This time it will be for my pharmacy placement down in Norwich!

Hope all of you have a great warm summer ahead!

Posted in Olivia