April 3, 2013, by Sarah

We’re all going on an…Easter holiday

Just a short one this week as I’m on holiday in Cornwall and the internet is somewhat limited – photos will be in the next blog!

So I’m in Cornwall and it’s rather beautiful, trying and failing to work but enjoying fresh seafood, clotted cream, pasties and fresh sea air. As I am on hospital placement all summer my family and I are having our holiday now and we have visited St Ives, Falmouth and surrounding areas and have been able to spend time with family down here which is lovely. We went to a church in the maritime museum for Easter day which was quite different but still celebratory!

St Ives

I have also been able to buy some opal jewellery with my birthday money – as I love opals – and have been looking for a long time so now I am very happy and oooooh shiny. I love opals because they have lots of hidden colours and irridescence that you can only see in the light, or when you look closely, but far away they just look like a white stone. I like the idea of something that’s not obvious – and that nature can make something so varied and beautiful – they’re not from factories. Anyway, opals are gert lush (Bristolianism for you there).

Opal

Opal

One of the great things about the holidays a part from the obvious is having a tv. Tv licenses are quite expensive so at Uni I exist off of catchup tv online, but it’s been nice to watch stuff as it’s on. Also our Cornwall accommodation is surprisingly luxurious, with  a whirlpool bath, our own sauna, and a MASSIVE flat screen tv. So I have been making use of it for films and tv – Broadchurch on itv by the way is properly amazing  and the Great British Sewing Bee is also entertaining, and filling the Bake Off void.

Back home on Friday which will be lovely too, then time to catch up with friends and do all the coursework that requires the internet!

Hope your Easter’s were all special

Until nex time!

Posted in Sarah