May 7, 2012, by Kay

Vietnam, Living on less than £1, and Happy birthday to me!

Today is Day 2 of doing the Live Below the Line 2012 campaign. It’s a massive charity campaign where you can’t eat more than £1’s worth of food over 5 days. It was started by the Global Poverty Project and the Oaktree Foundation in Australia and now it’s spread to the US, New Zealand and the UK.

Today’s menu is:

•  2x slices of toast- 5p
  • Vegetable Soup  – 40p
  • Tomato pasta and frankfurters – 35p
  • Banana – 11p
  • Bowl of porridge (snack) 9p

I turn 21 on thursday but seeing as the campaign began yesterday, my friends threw me a surprise birthday party on Sunday night. It was so wonderful and overwhelming fantastic that I initially ran out of the kitchen full of people to cry a little. I.WAS.SO.HAPPY.

I’m just as happy as well to be a part of this campaign. And really it makes my 21st more meaningful.

Fridge magnet message <3

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

On Friday 4th, it was the university Societies Ball at the Britannia Hotel in town. It’s an annual event that celebrates the achievements of the societies at our university. I went along with 6 other of my UNICEF committee members. It was a huge event. There were performances from the Latin and Ballroom Society, Musicality, Revival Gospel Choir, the jazz band from the university. It was pretty good!

Our society won a Gold Star Award and me and my vice president won Individual Achievement awards. All in all a good night 😉

with Nottingham Entrepreneurs Society at Societies Ball 2012

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The other day Tanya and I booked the last of our flight tickets for our massive ‘End of University South East Asia Adventure.’ We booked flights to Ho Chi Min City and Hanoi. So far we’ve only spent £1300 for 10 flights and a couple of weeks’ worth of accommodation. Not bad!

But before I get too excited, it’s less than two weeks until my first exam. WHAT THE?!…

Have a great day guys. PEACE

Love Kay x

Posted in 2011-Kay