Rohan

February 16, 2016, by Laura Estrop

BUCS Nationals 2016 – Spotlight on: Rohan Midha

It’s almost time for the 2016 BUCS Nationals! Get ready to show your support for the #GreenandGold army as all the action kicks off this Friday.  

We’ll be in Sheffield all weekend with our UoN teams who have high aspirations of BUCS victory! We have some amazing talent at this year’s Nationals, so we caught up with some of our key athletes to highlight their achievements so far. Today we’ve put the spotlight on badminton star, Rohan Midha.

What are you studying?

I’m studying an MSc in Corporate Strategy and Governance.

How long have you been playing badminton for?

Most of my life, but I started competing around the age of 10.

What was the reason you started?

Both of my parents played badminton and actually met on a badminton court. My dad was no.1 in India as a junior and that inspired me to start.

What’s your favourite move?

My overhead backhand is quite decent!

What does a typical week look like for you?

I try to fit in at least two hours of training every day and with the weekly BUCS matches, a typical week leaves me with little time to relax! I’m currently in the process of raising funds for a technical start-up I co-founded so I have a lot of meetings and late nights with that. My masters qualification is also challenging so that takes up quite a bit of my time.

What’s your most notable achievements?

My most recent notable achievement is moving up to No.6 on the England senior rankings.

Where do you see yourself in five years’ time?

I hope that I would have had success with my company or in the business world by then, but hope to still be able to keep playing badminton.

Good luck, Rohan from all of us here at UoNSport!

Don’t forget to follow all of the action from the BUCS Nationals on our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and also right here, as we’ll be updating each regularly throughout the weekend! There will also be regular updates on the BUCS official website and social media channels. Keep your eyes peeled and phones on ready to help us celebrate! 

Posted in BUCSBUCS NationalsStudents