September 17, 2013, by Alexander Hall
Submit a memory
If you have any memories of severe winter’s in the UK, please submit your memories in the box below. We are particularly interested in memories of snow and those relating to Cumbria.
As well as your own memories of winter snow, we would love to hear of any stories of earlier severe winters that your parents, grandparents, or other relatives and friends may have passed down to you.
- Can you date your winter memory?
- Do you remember where you were when you were affected?
- Did the winter weather affect your plans for that day, week, month, or winter?
- Were conditions unexpected?
- How does the community feature in your memory? Were there efforts to help one another cope?
- Are your memories supported by any texts or artefacts? Do you have photographs, letters or diary entries from the time, or newspaper cuttings perhaps?
Please submit your memory using the form below; please make sure you mention what year and place your memory relates to.
(All submissions will be used for research purposes only, and your name and email address will remain confidential. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com)