May 23, 2018, by Zoë Goodwin
Staff Tai Chi and Tea
Presented as part of the University’s Wellbeing Programme, we are delighted to offer staff the opportunity to take part in a Tai Chi and Tea session.
Originating in ancient China, Tai Chi is one of the most effective exercises for your mind and body health.
Tai Chi combines deep breathing and relaxation with flowing movement and can lead to reduced stress, improved posture, balance and general mobility, as well as increased muscle strength. Just 45 minutes of this gentle martial art can focus the mind, formulate thoughts, develop creative ideas and de-stress the body.
The sessions will be completed with a cleansing Chinese tea to enjoy with your colleagues. Rooms are booked for indoor sessions but if the weather is nice the instructor may move the session to a quiet spot outdoors.
Sessions will take place across our campuses. All staff are welcome to attend.
You can book your place at a session using the following links:
- 12-1pm, Monday 11 June: B34, Boots Building, University Park
- 12-1pm, Tuesday 12 June: A24, Business School South, Jubilee Campus
- 12-1pm, Wednesday 13 June: Room 305, Derby School of Nursing, Derby Royal Hospital
- 12-1pm, Thursday 14 June: A17, Plant Science, Sutton Bonington
- 12-1pm, Monday 18 June: Studio 11, King’s Meadow Campus
- 12-1pm, Wednesday 20 June: B40, Trent Building, University Park
- 12-1pm Friday 22 June: B18, XU-Yafen, Jubilee Campus
Don’t miss out
To find out more about the University’s Events Calendar please email the People and Culture team.