March 3, 2017, by Sarah Davies
Trial access – South Asian Newspapers (1864-1922)
Until 4 April, we have trial access to South Asian Newspapers.
The collection provides online access to ten South Asian newspapers from the 19th and early 20th centuries. Featuring English-, Gujarati- and Bengali-language papers published in India, in the regions of the Subcontinent that now comprise Pakistan, and in Ceylon (now Sri Lanka), South Asian Newspapers offers extensive coverage of the people, issues and events that shaped the Indian Subcontinent between 1864 and 1922.
Titles included in the collection are:
- Amrita Bazar Patrika (Calcutta, India) 1905-1922
- Bankura Darpana (Bankura, India) 1892-1918
- Madras Mail (Madras, India) 1868-1889
- The Tribune (Lahore, Pakistan) 1881-1922
- Ceylon Observer (Colombo, Sri Lanka) 1864-1922
We’d love to know what you think. Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org