October 2, 2018, by Chris Finch
Upcoming network maintenance in October
Information Services will be undertaking essential maintenance to the University network on the dates listed below:
- Tuesday 9 October between 07:00-09:00 and 17:00-22:00
- Wednesday 10 October between 18:00-22:00
- Tuesday 16 October between 07:00-09:00 and 17:00-22:00
- Tuesday 23 October between 07:00-09:00 and 17:00-22:00 (contingency date)
During this time, there will be intermittent outages to network services, including internal / external internet access (for example browsing websites: BBC, Google etc.) and University web or networked systems. This is expected to affect:
- Tenants network and International Campus Network (ICN) – Tuesday 9 October 17:00-22:00
- Remote access – VPN (Virtual Private Network) and Remote Desktop
- Elements of the University website (including staff listings, jobs listings, prospectus web pages and CMS access), Scripware and some aspects of Campus Solutions/MyNottingham
- Off campus access to services such as Moodle and NUsearch
- University Wi-Fi (eduroam, UoN-halls, UoN-guest) and the wired network may appear connected without an internet connection
- High Performance Computing and Primis – Tuesday 16 October 17:00-22:00
- Potential disruption to school/department hosted servers or software that rely upon an internet connection
Whilst the majority of systems and services will recover quickly from the network outages, some may require manual intervention before normal operation can resume.
If you experience any disruption to services, please wait 5 minutes and refresh the service.
Please contact the IT Service Desk if you experience issues accessing UoN systems and services after the specified maintenance times.
24/7 and weekend support is only available via telephone on 0115 95 16677